The Department of Psychology, Social Work and Public Health at Oxford Brookes has a thriving community of research active staff and research scholars. We collaborate across disciplines and work with health and education professionals as well as partners in industry to develop knowledge and understanding that informs policy and improves people’s lives.
We continue to attract significant funding awards from bodies including the ESRC, Burdett Trust for Nursing, Technology Strategy Board, and the Leverhulme Trust.
A number of flexible research degree opportunities are also available, including MPhil and PhD across a number of areas such as developmental psychology, adult cognition, children and families and interprofessional education.
Social Work and Public Health
REF 2014 Success
- 95% of research internationally recognised
- Double the world leading or internationally excellent research compared to 2008
- 60% of impact rated internationally excellent
Public Health research:
- 98% of research internationally recognised, with 82% of research being world leading or internationally excellent
- 90% of impact rated world leading or internationally excellent
- 80% more 4* and over double the percentage of 3* research compared to 2008